General idea of Thai silver is also known as 925 sterling silver, however that’s not completely correct, Thai silver is also the definition of a workmanship, a traditional way to make silver items, and it could be 925 (92.5% silver + 7.5% copper) or 950 (95% of silver) or 999 (99.9% of silver).
The high Silver content of Thai Silver makes it softer than Sterling and it does not tarnish near as easy as the copper in Sterling Silver is the alloy that makes it tarnish. The fine Silver content of the metal in Thai Silver makes their Silver Jewelry unique and pleasing to the eye.
Many people think that a stamp reading “ 925 ” on gold jewelry means that the piece contains 925 /1000 gold, or in other words, it has 92.5% gold content. However, this is not true. 92.5% is not a standard gold purity value, and it does not correspond to any commonly used karat number.
925 Silver. Sterling is the jewelry quality standard in the United States and most world markets. It is an alloy of 92.5% silver. The remaining 7.5% is usually copper though it is sometimes other metals such as nickel.
Short Answer: You can buy or sell collectible 925 silver items (also known as sterling silver ), such as jewelry and flatware, for anywhere from under $10 to several hundred dollars. As scrap, silver is worth around $21 per ounce, but 925 silver is worth somewhat less (about $19) since it only contains 92.5% silver .
Well, it turns out “ 925 China ” is a standard marking on jewelry to denote sterling silver jewelry. If you see “ 925 ” or “ 925 China ” stamped on what you thought was your gold jewelry, then the jewelry has 92.5% sterling silver content and is merely gold-plated. The remaining 7.2% is composed of other metal elements.
If you see 925 engraved on the ring, that means it’s a sterling silver setting. Usually real diamonds won’t be set in sterling silver because it’s too soft. And if you see a stamp that says “CZ,” you’re looking at a cubic zirconia stone, rather than a real diamond .
Buying jewelry on a trip to Bangkok, Thailand is top of the list for many tourists. Jewelry in Bangkok is cheap compared to most Western countries, and it’s also beautifully made and wonderful quality.
Thailand’s Gems & Jewelry Industry Thailand is a major global hub for colored gemstones. Thailand is the largest exporter of silver jewelry and its many manufacturers offer a wide variety of designs, from the simple to the spectacular as seen in this gemstone, and gold -plated necklace by the designer brand Dhevan Dara.
Pawnshops , just like every other jewelry store , will price sterling silver items based on the prevailing open market value of the precious metal, even before they look at the weight and the fineness of the piece.
To summarize: 925 gold is not solid gold , but is actually sterling silver with gold plating. If you’re specifically shopping for solid gold jewelry, a 925 stamp is an indication that you should not buy the piece. When silver is plated with gold it is called gold vermeil.
Ralph Lauren Sterling Silver Fine Jewelry .
It is a natural reaction for your jewelry to tarnish over time. The blackened color of this metal indicates, precisely, that our jewelry is made of 925 Sterling Silver . If it tends to be acidic, there is more chance that the silver will turn black .
Sterling silver , even real . 925 sterling silver , will always tarnish . While pure 99.9% silver does not tarnish , any sterling silver will tarnish over time as a result of the metal mixed in. However, fortunately there are many ways to keep sterling silver from tarnishing.
If wore all the time, On average, sterling silver rings last between 20-30 years , if well maintained, but If only worn occasionally and properly stored they will last forever.