NF means Nickel Free. So if the ring is stamped NF 925 it means the ring is 92.5% Sterling Silver and when the NF is also there it means the remaining 7.5% is not nickel.
General idea of Thai silver is also known as 925 sterling silver, however that’s not completely correct, Thai silver is also the definition of a workmanship, a traditional way to make silver items, and it could be 925 (92.5% silver + 7.5% copper) or 950 (95% of silver) or 999 (99.9% of silver).
Short Answer: You can buy or sell collectible 925 silver items (also known as sterling silver ), such as jewelry and flatware, for anywhere from under $10 to several hundred dollars. As scrap, silver is worth around $21 per ounce, but 925 silver is worth somewhat less (about $19) since it only contains 92.5% silver .
If you see 925 engraved on the ring, that means it’s a sterling silver setting. Usually real diamonds won’t be set in sterling silver because it’s too soft. And if you see a stamp that says “CZ,” you’re looking at a cubic zirconia stone, rather than a real diamond .
925 Silver. Sterling is the jewelry quality standard in the United States and most world markets. It is an alloy of 92.5% silver. The remaining 7.5% is usually copper though it is sometimes other metals such as nickel.
When 92.5% of pure silver is mixed with 7.5% of other metals (often copper, nickel or zinc) the resulting alloy is called sterling silver . To identify it as such, the number 925 is stamped upon the silver , often in a hidden part of the jewelry.
Sometimes you’ll see gold jewelry stamped with this hallmark . This simply means that the piece of jewelry is silver that’s been plated in gold and not solid gold . 925 is not an accepted value for gold purity and has no connection to any common karat numbers used for denoting gold purity.
Well, it turns out “ 925 China ” is a standard marking on jewelry to denote sterling silver jewelry. If you see “ 925 ” or “ 925 China ” stamped on what you thought was your gold jewelry, then the jewelry has 92.5% sterling silver content and is merely gold-plated. The remaining 7.2% is composed of other metal elements.
Simple answer is NO! Thailand DOES NOT source any diamonds . They will be able to find a diamond for thousand of dollars cheaper .
Pawnshops , just like every other jewelry store , will price sterling silver items based on the prevailing open market value of the precious metal, even before they look at the weight and the fineness of the piece.
You can usually find this value online at financial statistics websites or precious metals dealers. At the time of this writing, the current value of silver is $16.56 per ounce.
Thus, the price for a Sterling Silver chain from Italy depends on the complexity and workmanship involved in producing it, and can range from $10 –50 for a small, simple link chain to $500 and much higher for a complex, hand figured, braided, or intricately decorated chain. You are paying for the level of craftsmanship.
A sparkle test is quick and easy to do since all you need are your eyes. Simply hold your diamond under a normal lamp and observe the bright shimmers of light bouncing off the diamond . A real diamond provides an exceptional sparkle since it reflects white light extremely well.
To tell if your diamond is real, place the stone in front of your mouth and, like a mirror, fog it up with your breath. If the stone stays fogged for a few seconds, then it’s probably a fake . A real diamond won’t fog up easily since the condensation doesn’t stick to the surface.
The 925 stamp indicates that the piece of jewelry you’re holding has been created with sterling silver. Sterling silver is an alloy that is made of 92.5% actual silver, with the rest of the metal made up of base metals like copper.