Thailand is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and surprisingly extremely Muslim – friendly . While travelling through this incredible country, you will fall deeper and deeper in love with its culture along with its friendly and respectful people.
However, Buddhism is the most common Thailand religion with approximately 95% of the population following this Theravada religion. The remaining population follows the Muslim religion (4.6%), Catholic Christians (0.7%) with the remaining 1% divided between Hindu , Sikh and Jewish religions.
There are approximately 2,000 mosques in Thailand , about 100 of which are in Bangkok. Some 200 Muslim schools offer secular as well as religious instruction. All in all, Thailand’s Muslims enjoy full state support and are free to teach and practice their religion according to their own tenets.
On 30 November 2016, Slovakia passed legislation to effectively block Islam from gaining official status as a religion in the country.
Hinduism is a minority religion in Thailand followed by 0.03% of its population. Despite being a Buddhist majority nation , Thailand has a very strong Hindu influence. The popular Thai epic Ramakien is based on the Buddhist Dasaratha Jataka, resembles the Hindu epic Ramayana.
About 1.64 million of Indian ethnic group Malaysians (86%) are Hindus . About 0.14 million non-Indian ethnic group Malaysian people also profess being Hindus . By state or federal territory.
|State||Total Hindus population (2010 Census)||% of State Population|
Drinking this kind of beverage whether one knows it as alcohol or not can be considered as transgression of vows. Despite the great variety of Buddhist traditions in different countries, Buddhism has generally not allowed alcohol intake since earliest times.
Buddhism is the largest religion in Thailand, which is practiced by 95% of the population. There is no official state religion in the Thai constitution, which guarantees religious freedom for all Thai citizens, though the king is required by law to be a Theravada Buddhist.
Buddhism is believed to have come to what is now Thailand as early as 250 BCE, in the time of Indian Emperor Ashoka.
Thailand is a Buddhist kingdom, and the country’s king is considered the guardian of the faith. But many of the coronation ceremonies will be presided over by Brahmin priests from the Hindu faith.
In 1380 Karim Al Makhdum the first Arabian trader reached the Sulu Archipelago and Jolo in the Philippines and established Islam in the country through trade in several regions of the island. In 1390 the Minangkabau’s Prince Rajah Baguinda and his followers preached Islam on the islands.
According to the Halal Science Centre, there are currently 3,500 Halal -certified restaurants in Thailand , ensuring that Muslim visitors are well catered for in the kingdom. Some of Thailand’s favourite dishes are actually of Muslim origin.
The largest Muslim population in a country is in Indonesia , a country home to 12.7% of the world’s Muslims, followed by Pakistan (11.0%), and India (10.9%). About 20% of Muslims live in the Arab world.
Islam is the largest religion in Turkey according to the state, with 99.8% of the population being initially registered by the state as Muslim, for anyone whose parents are not of any other officially recognised religion and the remaining 0.2% are Christians or adherents of other officially recognised religions like
Most Muslims are of one of two denominations; Sunni (75–90%) and Shia (12-17%).